A new stage in the history of this state was 2004 when the Polish government signed the Treaty on accession to the European Union. This fact, undoubtedly, sharply raised the interest of foreign visitors to the country’s citizenship. How to obtain Polish citizenship in 2019 is one of the most frequently asked questions among those wishing to change citizenship.
Grounds for extradition
Consideration of applications for a Polish passport is dealt with directly by the President of the state. The period of this process can take varies depending on individual conditions. You can obtain Polish citizenship on one of the following grounds:
- By birth
- Granting of citizenship
- By naturalization
- As a result of repatriation
Advantages of Polish citizenship
- The passport of the citizen of Poland.
- The possibility of living in any EU country, and since 2007-in any country of the Schengen area.
- The right to work in any of these countries.
- The possibility of admission to EU universities on more favorable terms.
- Acquisition of real estate in the EU and free access to it without the need to open a visa.
- Visa-free travel within the Eurozone and preferential registration of American and Canadian visas.
Legalization on the basis of granting citizenship
This prerogative is vested only in the President. His decision does not depend directly on a number of conditions that must be fulfilled by the candidate. This implies that the head of state may grant citizenship regardless of the period of stay of the person in question in the territory of the country.
The petition is submitted through the voivode at the place of residence in Poland. If the candidate is abroad, the application is submitted to the President through the Consul at the place of stay. In order for the head of state to grant citizenship in circumvention of the statutory grounds, the application must be supported by a very good reason.